Welcome to the World Cruising and Sailing Wiki
The World Cruising and Sailing Wiki (an online world cruising guide) has been established so that all cruisers around the world can have free access to as much information on cruising around the world as possible with information on Countries, Immigration and Customs procedures, world ports, navigation and approaches, marinas, anchorages, ocean passages, maritime warnings, boating tips, etc. A FREE, ONLINE WORLD CRUISING GUIDE!
This Cruising and Sailing Wiki is a resource to which all cruisers are encouraged to freely contribute and thereby help to build a great reference resource for the benefit of all cruisers that are sailing around the world.
- The World Cruising and Sailing Wiki's objectives:-
- To provide all cruisers with a one-stop interactive resource which members can annotate, correct and add to.
- To provide the most current information regarding cruising destinations, boating information and marine news.
- To provide information that is based on recent factual experience, information and news that is continually updated.
- To provide information that is easily understood and if possible, is supported by images and graphics.
SINK YOUR TEETH INTO A SECTION AND BUILD IT!
To be able to contribute, Login or Register (top R/H of page)
What is this Cruising and Sailing Wiki?
- What is this "Wiki"?
- The World Cruising and Sailing Wiki is a collaborative effort by cruisers from all around the world, to willingly share their knowledge of cruising around the world for the benefit of all who follow in their wake. Unlike a static website or printed publication that soon becomes outdated, this World Cruising and Sailing Wiki will always be up-to-date as members from all around the world have the ability to alter/edit/add to articles on this free, online World Cruising Guide, 24 hours a day.
- How does this "Wiki" work?
- No specialised skill is required to contribute to this World Cruising and Sailing Wiki. However, only registered members can login with their username to do this, so, please register - it only takes a minute and is absolutely painless. When logged in, each section and article in the Cruising Wiki has an EDIT button to enable you to add/edit anything. See the "HELP" and "TEMPLATES" pages (L/H menu) to assist you with the very simple editing process. Add your valuable knowledge so that others who are following in your wake can benefit. The World Cruising and Sailing Wiki is written for cruisers, by cruisers - sharing their knowledge in the true cruising spirit.
- Also See
Featured Cruising Photo
Cruising aboard a Cruising Yacht is a form of exploration - exploring the unknown
THE WORLD IS YOUR OYSTER - Sailing around the world aboard your own yacht. Photo: Copyright Geoff Schultz
What the Cruising Wiki is NOT!
This Cruising and Sailing Wiki is not just a simple repository for personal or commercial LINKS. Remote website and blog links can be added to productive contributions by members
, to assist in referencing the contribution. The final decision for acceptance of these link additions is at the sole
discretion of the Wiki "Sysops".
Any links to remote sites must add value to the individual articles on the topic of "WORLD CRUISING". i.e. Contribute the information HERE! Please do not just expect this resource to send visitor traffic to remote websites and blogs (very often for financial gain to those remote sites).
Do become involved, even if only to correct grammar or spelling mistakes - it all helps.
- To contribute to this Cruising and Sailing Wiki, please register - registration is free and easy. See Register/Login at top R/H of page. Please give details of your previous/current/planned cruising areas if possible when registering and the areas of the Wiki to which you would like to contribute. Also, please ensure your email software is set to accept emails from this site, otherwise you may not receive your temporary login and password.